A Senior Web UI / Front End Developer to complement our software development in our Toronto office.
You will work as part of a team to deliver high-quality software. You will be involved in all aspects of the software development process, from specification through development to maintenance. As a senior Web UI / front-end developer, you’ll advocate for the user and work to ensure that usability considerations are high priority.
You will function in a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity for career growth, intellectual stimulation, and creative problem solving.
- Design and implement front-end and back-end software components.
- Evolve a large code base, refactoring as required.
- Understanding of TDD/BDD and passion for developing clean, testable software, using tools like QUnit/Jasmine/Sinon/Karma/Buster.js.
- Work within an Agile software development methodology.
- Work with other teams to implement product requirements and deliver high quality software.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Act as a technical resource to customer support, documentation and quality assurance as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software development.
- Strong self-starter; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of Java Presentation Layer technologies and dynamic web applications, including: Spring MVC, JSP, HTML, CSS, jQuery and AngularJS techniques.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds.
- Experience consuming Web Services and understanding of related technologies (REST, XML, JSON • Solid understanding of UI design (navigation, workflow, GUI elements).
- Experience developing and debugging web applications for a variety of browsers.
- Good development habits including unit testing, continuous integration and automated testing.
If interested, email your current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org