Sigma Software is a global provider of billing solutions in the BSS/OSS arena in industries such as telecommunications, utilities, healthcare and retail. Our solutions are designed to enable service providers to monetize new services and to deliver a comprehensive customer experience. Our product suite includes Real-time Convergent Billing, Enterprise Product Catalog (EPC) and Big Data Analytics platforms for voice, video, messaging and data services to service providers/operators.
We offer a diverse, performance-driven culture and a stimulating work experience, professional development and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
- Research and selection of Big Data tools and frameworks necessary to provide the required capabilities.
- Implement ETL processes between Hadoop and data warehousing systems.
- Create scalable scripts for automation of real-time data ingestion from multiple data sources
- Monitor performance and advise on any necessary infrastructure changes between Big Data Platform and external platforms – build, design and test interfaces.
- Define data retention, security and privacy policies.
- Deliver Big Data solutions utilizing Hortonworks.
- Design, build and test ETL, ELT (Big Data) machine learning and additional big data solutions.
- Create regular reports for management offering a consolidated view of the data.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles including Hadoop, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Scala, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop.
- Experience with integration of large (Big) datasets from multiple data sources.
- Working knowledge of Horton Frameworks.
- 2 years of hands-on Big Data experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 1 year Hadoop experience and developing Hadoop/ Big Data ETL/ELT applications.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB is an asset.
- At least 5 years of experience in Software development and SDLC.
- At least 5 years of programming experience with Java, Scala, etc.
If interested, email your current resume to: email@example.com