Reporting to Development Manager as a Senior QA Analyst/Automation Developer you will be part of diverse technical team involved in software quality testing and automation of QA processes for software applications deployed around the globe. Ideally you have programming background backed by experience in developing software solutions using open source technologies. As part of the team you’ll have ability to participate in all aspects of software quality assurance process from requirements analysis and validation through test case definition, documentation, automation to execution. You will also have an opportunity to demonstrate your agility and independence in execution of assigned tasks.
- Research and analysis of requirements for an automation strategy that will improve software quality.
- Hands-on implementation of the automation strategy and test scripts.
- Using System Requirements and System Design Documents, writing, maintaining and execution of test cases, test scenarios, and test scripts.
- Creation of manual and automated scripts/components using open source testing tools, e.g. Selenium, HTML Unit.
- Identification and definition of re-usable key components for automation purposes.
- Recommendation of appropriate automation framework changes that best suits the application under automation
- Documentation of automation procedures as needed/ necessary
- Providing testing estimates and estimate revisions as per the SDLC for costs and resources
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree/diploma in computer science, mathematics, engineering or equivalent training/experience.
- 5+ years of experience in automation and testing of enterprise software
- 5+ years of experience in testing both UI and back end services including SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience in writing complex testing functions and components using Java, Python or similar programming languages.
- Familiarity with automated UI testing frameworks (i.e. Selenium, HTML Unit, HTTP Unit)
- Experience with at least one RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL ideal)
- Understanding of all stages of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Extensive experienced in Regression, System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), using Traceability Matrix to cover business requirements
- Familiarity with at least one common test/bug management tools (e.g. HP Quality Center, Jira, Bugzilla, Testopia).
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must.
- Passionate about testing software, finding and realizing efficiencies in testing through automation.
- Any experience with automating deployments and testing on application servers (JBoss, Weblogic) would be a definite asset.
- Experience with testing some of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB, HBase, Solr, Kafka, Storm etc. . .) would be a big plus.
If interested, email your current resume to: email@example.com