Downtown Toronto, near Union Station
You will be part of a diverse technical team implementing software solutions for customers around the globe. You will have an opportunity to participate in all aspects of software development process from initial requirements gathering, through design, development and testing to completion. You will also have ability to demonstrate you agility and independence in execution of assigned tasks.
- Analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance of JEE applications.
- Building of tailored solutions using cutting edge development tools and technologies.
- Efficiently implementing clean, testable and easily maintainable software.
- Produce as required documentation of software solutions being worked on.
- Maintain clear communication with all stakeholders throughout project lifecycles.
- Interact with Software Engineers/Developers to integrate with backend services and enterprise systems.
- Timely delivery and execution of assigned work.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Designing, implementation and testing of Java/JEE applications.
- Some knowledge of Hibernate, Spring frameworks etc.
- Passionate about developing clean, testable software.
- Some knowledge of at least one source control management system, ideally Git.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools.
- Some knowledge of developing and consuming Web Services and understanding of related technologies (SOAP, REST, XML, XML Schema, JSON).
- Some knowledge of at least one or more of the following RDBMS: Oracle 10 , MySQL 5.x, SQL Server 2005/2008 coupled with a solid understanding and experience with SQL.
- Some knowledge of application servers (ideally with JBOSS) and servlet containers (Tomcat 5-7).
- Ability to quickly understand client deliverables and work with the team to take responsibility for them.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must.
- Passionate about writing software and working with a team to build great solutions.
- Some experience in independently running small projects end to end without supervision.
- Experience with some of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB, HBase, Solr, Kafka, Storm etc…) would be a big plus.
If interested, email your current resume to: email@example.com